12 Facts You Never Knew About Ian
- He comes from a small village called Flempton, near
Bury St Edmunds,
which consists of about a hundred houses, a pub and a
- He made his acting debut in a school play at the age of
eleven playing a mad scientist in an adaptation of
Guide To The Galaxy. Although he was in several school plays his
parents never went to see him act.
- His dad knew the Captain of the
ship Rainbow Warrior.
- In the summer of 1997 he was featured in a major article in
after being interviewed on holiday in
- He used to mow the lawn for "The Cooking Canon" - a religious
- His favourite drink is beer (he brews his own) and his
favourite foods are chilli and curries.
- He was once chased from a field by a farmer for rolling bales
down a hill.
- His favourite movie genre is Science Fiction, and he particularly
likes Blade Runner and Alien. Musically, he likes the
Prodigy, and anything Techno.
- In another farmer-related incident, he once launched bangers into
a field of straw and when he went to make sure the field hadn't
caught fire he was chased off by the angry owner.
- One of his most regular phrases when things aren't going well is
"Dogs from hell".
- He likes cycling and many years ago was out cycling with his
brother when suddenly they found themselves surrounded by people
running around with guns. An army landrover pulled up alongside
them, and they were physically removed from the military area they
had inadvertently ridden into!
- He was at the same university, at the same time, as "Gonch"
from Grange Hill,
and once literally bumped into Mr Bronson in a shop.
- He has his own web-site here:-